Out-of-hours services are provided when the surgery is closed. During normal surgery opening hours – 8.00 am – 6.00 pm Monday to Friday, the practice remains your first point of contact for all routine requests.
What to do When Elm Tree Surgery is Closed:
- If you need medical advice fast, but it is not an emergency call 111.
- If it is a life-threatening emergency call 999.
NHS 111 is the number to to call when you need medical help fast, but it’s not a life threatening emergency.
- Calls to 111 are free from landlines and mobiles.
- NHS 111 is available 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
You Should Call 111 When:
- You think you need to go to A&E or to another NHS urgent care service.
- Your GP surgery is closed and you need healthcare advice
- You don’t know who to call for medical help.
When to Call 999
- Call 999 for life threatening emergencies.
If you have had an accident or have sustained an injury you should attend your nearest Accident & Emergency Department at the University Hospital of North Tees or James Cook University Hospital.